1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Beeping computer at midnight

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by CRT2365, May 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRT2365

CRT2365 Thread Starter

I have a new computer, built by a guru. It's running windows 10. Every night at 12:15 AM, the computer starts beeping. First single beeps, getting faster until the beeping is continuous. The beeping lasts about 2 and a half minutes. It happens regardless of whether the computer is shut down or alive.

The guru does not know what is happening. He wants to take the computer back and do an extreme vetting, but is very busy at this time and doesn't know when he can get it.

I'm assuming that the beeping is not harming the software; AVAST has given the computer a clean bill of health.

Does anyone have any ideas of WTF is going on? Maybe the computer is sending messages to aliens or the NSA.

crt2365

2. Paul23

Paul23 Temporarily Banned

First Name:
    Paul
    Have you updated to the newest BIOS? Would also recommend you run Malwarebytes (on a side note). Sounds like a motherboard issue although I havent heard of it before. I would have your GURU flash the BIOS for you.

3. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    Hi, and welcome to TSG.

If the computer is shut down, does it first power up and then start beeping or is it beeping while appearing to be fully shutoff?

Is the beeping the same loudness and pitch as any internal beeps that may occur during normal power up?

Are you 100% sure the beeping is coming from the computer case itself and not from a drawer or box very close to the computer? The beeping pattern you describe sounds like it could be the wake up alarm function of a digital watch or other electronic gadget that has an alarm clock function.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1210029

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice