beeping noise

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

yakatak

when i turn the computer on the is a constant beeping noise. i have open the case and the cooler fan isn't working, and there is no power to the cd rom and hard drive.

please help the yakman

Sounds like your power supply.
I would verify all connections since you have the case open.
Could be mother board but since your cpu fan is not spinning It is most likely the motherboard.
The power supply is not very difficult to replace if you are willing to try or would probaly cost you about $75.00 if you took it in to a shop depending on the type of power supply you will need.
Good Luck,
Hamill

It is your motherboard signalling you that your CPU is getting too hot. Get a new fan for it and leave ti off until you get a new one. A fan is cheaper than a new processor.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online