1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

beeping sound

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by troymeister7, Jan 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. troymeister7

troymeister7 Thread Starter

I recently was given a computer HP 128mb, pentium 3.
    It was very dusty so I opened everything up and cleaned. When I put it back together and turned it on the monitor was blank and a continuous beeping sound from the computer started and continued until I turned the computer off. Does anyone know where the beeping sound comes from and why?
    thanks,
    troy

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Sounds like it's time to open it, and remove each expansion card and reseat it, also the memory and all cables. I suspect that something has gotten loosened in the "cleaning". :)

3. itsmeitsmeitsme

itsmeitsmeitsme

Beeps are usually from your Mobo and signal a problem ...could be loose RAM or something else....since you just had it apart it could be any thing loose inside...open it back up and seat all of your memory and cards etc and check all connections and see if that helps>>>>

4. troymeister7

troymeister7 Thread Starter

thanks for the info. I will try that.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/114027

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice