1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Beeping Sounds

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by 1tobynet, Feb 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. 1tobynet

1tobynet Thread Starter

Hi was wondering if someone had heard of this before I have a friend who`s computer is making these beeping sounds they come through the speakers when it is turned on and through the little speakers at the front of the computer when the speakers are off.
    The sound is a single beep which can go off every few seconds or every couple of minutes apparently has been doing this for quite some time and seems to be worse when you are actually using the computer you cannot listen to music as the annoying beep drives you mad the computer is an Pentium 4 asus motherboard with onboard sound and graphics 512mb ram hope someone can maybe help us out

1tobynet
    :(

2. 1002richards

1002richards Retired Trusted Advisor

3. 1tobynet

1tobynet Thread Starter

hi thanks for replying but it is not on boot up its when you are actually in windows doing whatever

4. 1002richards

1002richards Retired Trusted Advisor

OK, sorry 'bout that ... I thought it was worth a try. I'll move over and let others help you out.

Richard.

5. RadioFiasco

RadioFiasco

It may sound harmless but there is a slight possibility that a Trojan Horse got in. There are some users out there that love to annoy their prey with beeps. Just do a scan and if you don't have software here is some great free software http://free.grisoft.com/doc/1 It may not be a Trojan but it's always worth a try.

6. 1tobynet

1tobynet Thread Starter

thanks for trying guys have scanned with avg antispyware nothing there also disconnected sound card and tried a different one but the noise is still there about to give up i think a complete format is the next step

1tobynet

:D

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/541315

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice