1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Beeps during POST

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Arganblawpher, Nov 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arganblawpher

Arganblawpher Thread Starter

I'm currently building a new PC. When I turn the computer on, I can hear a long beep and 3 short beeps during the (Power-on Self-test). There is no image on the monitor. I'm wondering if this has anything to do with the Graphics card or the RAM. I'm using the Asus P8p67 Motherboard, Corsair 8gb (2x4) Vengeance RAM, and a EVGA GTX 580 Nvidia graphics card.

After hearing the long beep and 3 short ones, it pauses. Then I hear another long beep with 4 short ones. I'm having trouble troubleshooting this and I need some help. I would appreciate it, thanks.

2. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    Check the motherboard's manual for beep codes.

If there aren't any can you confirm the motherboard is the P8P67 with no other numbers or letters after that ?
    There are several versions beginning that way but with additional characters in their names.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1028348

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice