before?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Argy

Banned
is there an antivirus that scans files BEFORE they enter your computer....E.G actively scans files A)while they are being downloaded or B) while you are browsing the site it will tell you wether it piks up traces of anything in any attachments?

if this is completely non-understandable tell me and ill try and explain it some more

|Thanx|
Argy

DoubleHelix

Banned
What you're describing is the definition of anti-virus software. It runs in the background and prevents virus infections.

Argy

Banned
no, what AVG and most AV programs do is one the file has enterd youtr cvomputer it then scans and reacts.
im looking for an anti-virus program that PRe-scans files before they enter my computer, or PRE-scans file/attachments on websites and lets me know if they are of any danger....WITHout having to run a seperate scan

DoubleHelix

Banned
You don't run a scan. The process runs in the background. As soon as you download or run something or the virus tries to install/replicate itself or do damage, the scanner catches it and deletes it.

If you're looking for something that scans web sites for malicious code or downloads before anything even interacts with your system, I've never heard of such software.

Argy

Banned
what im looking for is AN ANTI-VIRUS THAT SCANS before THE MALICIOUS FILES ENTER MY COMPUTER, WA

Yea its the most effective anti virus/spyware/malware program ive seen yet its called AntiMalware It runs it in a sandbox emulation so you can open even the most infected malware infected file ever and it would do nothing to you.

More Info: http://www.trustware.com

Great Program i recommend!!!

DoubleHelix

Banned
I understand what you want. No need to shout. It simply doesn't exist. It's not necessary. Anti-virus software stops your computer from being infected. The end results is the same.

Argy

Banned
thats just stupid though, what's the point of having software that allows the malicious files onto your computer before it scans it and picks it up.......
(i want shouting i was emphasizing :p )

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts