1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

begining dump of physical memory

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dayalan, Jul 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dayalan

dayalan Thread Starter

Sir,

I have been using Windows NT Server.
    When it is on, suddenly a blue screen
    appeared on the monitor deisplaying the following messsage :

Stop :0x000 A
    IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Address 801e88c8 has base at 801e4000.
    CPUID: Genuine Intel 6.73 irql: 1e SYSVER 0xf0000565

Begining dump of physical memory.

Request your advise on this.

dayalan

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Welcome!

The error often relates to a faulty or corrupt driver, but I suspect what you have posted is an abbreviated (shortened) version of the full error message.

More clues would likely be available in the entire message.

The "dump of phsical memory" is not important, its just creating a file in case code debuggers need to troubleshoot it, its often very hard to interpret without knowing Microsoft coding and routines.

3. PuterPerson

PuterPerson

I run win xp pro and have all the updates (incl. sp2), etc. and I got this same screen twice the other day. Just out of the blue, my screen was blue. It said to restart the comp. if it's the first time this has happened and some other stuff.

I just installed a brand-new Maxtor hdd, 200 Gig's, partioned, reformatted, etc.. I must admit though, that I have some issues with this hdd, but I will post about it seperately.

4. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

"Puterperson" if you have your own problem you need to start a separate thread for it, not piggyback this one

>>

I'm puzzled by this reference to "SYSVER" -- is that supposed to be a driver reference?

Drivers in Blue Screen messages usually end in .sys.

I can run a debugging utility on the dump files if you do this:

1 > create a new folder on the desktop and call it "dumpcheck" or whatever you like
    2 > navigate to c:\windows\minidump and copy the last 2 or 3 minidump files to that folder. They are numbered by date.
    3 > close the folder and right click on it and select "Send to (folder name).zip"
    4 > use the "manage attachments" in the "advanced" reply window to upload that zip file here as an attachment.

This might point us to a 3rd party driver causing the error, if one exists for it.

5. PuterPerson

PuterPerson

I am sorry. I did say I will post my issues seperately and I DID, but I was curious to find out about this issue posted here, as it seems to be similar if not the same issue as the one I am having, that's all. I was not trying to hi-jack this thread.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/482233

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice