Beginner Monitor Problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

adms3191

I was infected with a virus a few months ago from AOL Instant Messenger. Since then I have reformatted my computer and updated my anti-virus. I still cannot get my monitor to show the correct resolution on my computer. I've tried using the CD that came with the monitor and could not get it installed propely. I recieve an error mesage that says. "Error occur, while installing monitor adapter. (Error Code 259)". I've also tried downloading a driver from the Samsung website and the same error message came up. I'm not sure what to do now. I've also tried going through the Microsoft Help guides, but it didnt help fix the problem. Any help is appreciated.

Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster 152N

My suggestion would be to redownload the drivers

Print these Instructions for later use
Extract the zip file to a folder on your desktop
reboot the computer into Safe mode ((Print these too)Instructions found here)
open the Device Manager
(Start->Control Panel->System->Hardware Tab->Device Manager Button)

Click the "+" beside "Monitor"
you may see a number of different monitor's listed
Delete all monitor's listed

restart the computer in normal mode
It should detect new hardware present, when it asks you to install drivers point it to the location of the drivers in the folder on your desktop, let Window's take it from there

Be sure you run Windows Updates when you get a chance as SP2 has some security features as well as some utilities that SP1 does not.

:cool:
-Bumbo
--15 years Computer Hardware/Networking/Tech Support Experience

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online