1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Behind Firewall

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by marietho, Oct 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. marietho

marietho Thread Starter

I cannot play any of the games in Yahoo or Pogo. My Java is not working. I have checked my Java and all is correct. I do get an alert when trying to to play games that I am behind a firewall. Any help I can get would be aprreciated. Thank You.

2. buddhafabio

buddhafabio

you need to disable it.

3. marietho

marietho Thread Starter

How do I disable it?

4. buddhafabio

buddhafabio

if it is a router it is under the options and you need a ip address of the router to access it.

if it is a software firewall you need to access the options in the program menu

5. marietho

marietho Thread Starter

How do I go to options in the program menu? We have a router but no longer have a second computer. Should I unhook it from the cable modem?

6. buddhafabio

buddhafabio

that would work but the router provides great security at keeping bad stuff out
    so to acess the router click on the icon on the desktop "my net work places
    go to lan or high speed internet
    right click and select status
    click support
    see the default gateway and the number beside it that is the ip address of your router
    then open a internet browser window and type in that address.

the rest is up to the brand of router. stuff like passwords i cannot help you with but i know you should be able to let pogo another java stuff through through the settings

7. marietho

marietho Thread Starter

I aprreciate all your help but I am very computer illiterate and I am not sure what you mean. I found the Gateway Defalt and I put the address in a browser window but now I am lost from there.:confused:

8. Miz

Miz

First, what kind of router do you have? Linksys, Netgear, something else? The name and model number will help us help you configure it properly.

That said, I use a Linksys 4-port router with two computers connected through it to DSL and have experienced no problems with Java games on either the Win98 or XP system. The XP system is even running a software firewall as well.

Sooo...it might be some strange firewall configuration within the router. If that turns out not to be the problem, it's possible Java needs to be reinstalled.

9. marietho

marietho Thread Starter

I aprreciate all the help. I am just computer illiterate I am not sure what you are talking about. I don't think with me you could be to basic.

10. marietho

marietho Thread Starter

the name of my router is Gigafast Ethernet and the serial # is A24800-1008. I hope this will help.

11. marietho

marietho Thread Starter

Someone asked for the name of my router yesterday and here it is. I hope this will help. my router is Gigafast Ethernet and the serial # is A24800-1008. I hope this will help.

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/170127

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice