Belarc Advisor Local System Accounts?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.
S

Silver Drop

Hi All,

Belarc Advisor lists an Administrator Account and an ASPNET account under Local System Accounts. After Googling around I'm still not sure what ASPNET is but I think its supposed to be there and should not be disabled. However, the second administrator account was not something which was showing up in Belarc scans others had run. Yesterday, I attempted to run chkdsk in Windows Recovery Console, which asked for the Administrator password and when I gave my logon password it rejected it. I have One account active in User Accounts, and that is me, the Administrator. Can someone please clarify both the second Administrator account Belarc reports and why my password might not be being accepted in Windows Recovery Console? I am running WindowsXP SP2.

Much Thanks,
SD

BELARC REPORT
Users
local user accounts last logon
Compaq_Owner 1/10/2006 10:12:47 PM (admin)
local system accounts
Administrator 12/30/2005 7:29:30 PM (admin)
ASPNET never
x Guest never
x HelpAssistant never
x SUPPORT_388945a0 never
x SUPPORT_fddfa904 never
(where x means disabled)

Byteman

Gone but Never Forgotten
Hi, The Administrator account is different than your own admin level user account, though you are AN Admin you are not THE computer administrator. The Administrator account's password is blank unless you have created one, and if you have forgotten it, you can reset it, with some help, but I need to know if you or one of the other admin level users may have indeed ever set the password, this does NOT mean their individual user account logon passwords...but, the Administrator account, which is normally ONLY seen when you start up in SAFE MODE.

The password by default is blank, so when you are prompted to type it in, just hit Enter or OK to pass by that and if no password was ever set, it should accept no password.

ASPNET: I don't know anything about it!

Belarc says it has never been logged on to, so that's good...

Belarc shows you if the remote, and Guest accounts are disabled which they should be if you are not using them, for security reasons they should be disabled....

S

Silver Drop

Thank-you. That answers all my questions. Will try running Recovery Console again with blank password as I do not recall setting an overall Administrator password.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online