1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Belarc software list

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by nivram1940, Nov 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. nivram1940

nivram1940 Thread Starter

When I run Belarc Advisor there is a list of software versions and usage but when i run a un-installer some of these are not listed.How do I find them to remove them and is it safe to do so?

2. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

What do you want to uninstall?

3. nivram1940

Some of the programs that have not been run for a long time such as Microsoft Office XP version 10.0.2609 or Nero Vision Version 3.1.0.25.

4. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

Both of those should be listed in Add/Remove Programs. Are you're saying they're not listed there?

5. raybro

raybro

I've ran into similar anomalies with Belarc. I know catagorically I uninstalled Adobe Acrobat 4.0 using Revo Uninstaller, yet it still shows in the software list in Belarc. I've found inaccuarte info in other system info programs, too. For instance, ADA32 adds another alfa digit to the front of my Dell service Tag number. Took a while to figure that out.

So I've leaned to not belive everything I read in those type of programs. I have about 6 different ones and I cross check the info with each before I accept it as valid.

My recommendation... don't worry about it.

6. nivram1940

Thanks for your comments and help. One that I can't get rid of is LP Ripper but if its not causing any harm I'LL leave its just that I'm trying to clean up my hard disc.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1026010

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice