1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Belkin 7 port hub

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by devonmagpie, Nov 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. devonmagpie

devonmagpie Thread Starter

Bought a Belkin 7 port hub F5U307 and no matter what I do i only have one way of makingit work. that is to piggy back it onto a cheapy 4 port hub from Logitech
    i have been checking drivers of USB and having done that (and spent money on this) it has had no effect

it will work straightaway on my laptop Toshiba so it must be my PC

Any ideas?

2. computerguy1990

computerguy1990

How do you have the hub set up?

Remember a hub is different then a switch for the internet to work on a hub the hub has to be connected to a computer that has interent or a router or some device that has interent and that device must be on for the hub to have interent.

A hub is very different then a switch. So if the hub is connected to a computer that is connected to the interent via another NIC remember that computer always has to be on for the hub to work.

Or is the problem with the hub itself?

3. devonmagpie

I think I have misled you. it is not a network hub but a USB hub - sorry left out the critical USB bit.
    So it should just plug and play but will not do so.
    thanks though

4. computerguy1990

computerguy1990

Very sorry, I was wondering why anyone would use a network hub when a switch is probably cheaper and would work better, have you tried plugging the hub into different usb ports on your computer?

5. devonmagpie

No problem - my error

Yes i have tried every port i can - 4 at the back and one at the front.
    it is not just the belkin that causes me problems. I also have an Elements external hard drive connecting by USB and this is not read either.
    A maxtor massive hard drive is read.
    Elements does not have its own power supply
    Belkin does and Maxtor does.

6. DCM1519

DCM1519

I bought a 7 port Belkin USB hub too and not all devices will work on it like they will on my Belkin 4 port USB hub and other brands of hub's too.

It is irritating because these are not cheap hubs and later I found other complaints about this model too. Most of my devices will work on it though.

7. computerguy1990

computerguy1990

Check device manager and make sure your USB thing forget the technical name and im in linux right now so I dont feel like going into windows you know under device manager where it shows your usb ports make sure you have all the right drivers and everything sounds like that could be the problem that you are having with the devices.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/878943

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice