1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Belkin Bluetooth Dongle drivers for Vista?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by lee_1133, Jul 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lee_1133

lee_1133 Thread Starter

Hi,

I have a belkin wireless bluetooth dongle, model number F8T003 ver.2 but apparently it does not work with Vista. I am baffled as to why it would work on XP but not vista surely there must be a driver to fix this? Belkin website says not supported? but most of their products that say XP work with Vista so why not this?

Any help appreciated as belkin technical support are closed for the weekend.

2. lee_1133

lee_1133 Thread Starter

Anyone?

3. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    So you've tried using it on Vista and it didn't work? Some people have said they plugged it and it works, no drivers required from Belkin.

It's up to Belkin to decide if they want to support something on a platform on not, they may have a good reason why they don't support it on Vista.

4. Jtoast

Jtoast

XP gives applications a lot more access by default than vista does. I have many applications on my vista system that will not run unless I configure them to "run as administrator" and a few that just plain don't work. Unless belkin is willing to write new drivers, you may be out of luck.

5. lee_1133

lee_1133 Thread Starter

Its out of order that companies do this, forcing the consumer to buy again. Vista cannot be that much differnet than XP can it for plug and play USB devices surely?

6. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    So have you tried plugging in the dongle? Some users on other sites have reported that it works with Vista with the drivers that shipped with Vista.

Companies can do whatever they want, they don't have to maintain support for any device they choose not too, if they did forever then it would cost them a lot resulting in higher prices for devices to pay for that support. And yes, the changes between XP and Vista are actually quite considerable.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/729781

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice