1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

BELKIN F5D7050_V4 wireless network adapter

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by ke2343, Jun 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ke2343

ke2343 Thread Starter

my network adapter has worked ever since i got it a year ago, but today i decided to get all the dust and build up out from the inside, so i unplugged everything and did so, and now when i plugged everything back in i get the found new hardware for my network card so i put in the cd and it said it was not digitally signed by microsoft, i clicked install anyway and it wont find the files on the disc to complete the install. I restored the computer to a previous day and nothin changed, and my wireless network i was using was erased somehow. I also downloaded the driver system file it was asking for on the cd "BLKWGU.sys" but now it doesnt even recognize that its a network adapter so it doesnt ask for that file anymore, it asks for the .inf file but when i point it to the correct location it says the information needed to complete setup is not in there. if anyone can help please do, it would be greatly appreciated!

Belkin F5D7050_V4 is the model number

Thank you

2. ViprXX

ViprXX

3. ke2343

ke2343 Thread Starter

Thank you for the advice, but i have actually already tried both of those and it wont recognized the driver...?????

4. ViprXX

ViprXX

hmm...are there any other devices in device manager with the error exclamation point by them, such as usb? maybe try updating your usb devices anyway. your adapter does connect via usb right?

5. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    If you did your cleaning with anything other than compressed air you may have bent, or otherwise messed up, a pin in the adapter or port.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/584072

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice