1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Belkin f5d8233-4v3 Trouble

Discussion in 'Networking' started by kendollxc, Nov 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kendollxc

kendollxc Thread Starter

After setting up my Belkin f5d8233-4v3 wireless router the LED indicators on the front do not light up for "wireless." The computer that the router is plugged into is able to access the internet through a wired connection, but none of the other computers in the house can find the router's signal.

I have looked through all the settings under 192.168.2.1 and nothing seems out of place, the router simply isn't broadcasting a signal.

This is my second router from Belkin, same model. I RMA'd the first one because of the same issue, but with 2 in a row I have a hard time believing that the router is soley to blame. The first one worked for a few months before this happened, this one refuses to broadcast right out of the box.

Are there settings on my computer that could be causing this?

Thanks.

2. etaf

etaf Wayne Moderator

you can switch wireless on/off
    i downloaded the manual from here
    http://www.belkin.com/support/article/?lid=en&pid=F5D8233-4&aid=8340&scid=942

starting at page 42

check out page 43
    and see what the setting is on your router

3. kendollxc

kendollxc Thread Starter

Just went into the wireless settings to double check. It was set to 802.11b+g+n. I also tried setting it to the other available modes, still no luck.

Also changed the wireless channel number; no dice.

4. etaf

etaf Wayne Moderator

you have it enabled
    but the light is not on the front of the router

if you turn it off
    and then back on again
    No Lights change on the front of the router

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/774304