1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Belkin Gigabit Powerline HD adaptor - help!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by swordfishtrombon, Oct 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. swordfishtrombon

swordfishtrombon Thread Starter

I recently bought a Belkin Gigabit Powerline Adaptor for use in an office outside my home. It's not working well at all; the connection speed is painfully slow, baring no resemblence to that of my main computer, in line with my wirleess connection. Why is this? What am I doing wrong? Can anyone help?

thanks a lot

2. etaf

etaf Wayne Moderator

i would plug in - indoors , on one of the same ring mains and see how it performs, so a use a socket in the same room as the one connected to the router , see if its performs poorly regardless of where plugged in , if it does not work correctly indoors on the same ringmain
    I have found some of these products do not work well on an extension lead

what country are you in?

3. swordfishtrombon

thanks for this, I'll give it a try! i'm in the uk by the way, does that affect anything?

4. etaf

etaf Wayne Moderator

No, only me, as I'm in the UK and thats where my experience is on these type of devices

5. swordfishtrombon

Great stuff! If indeed it does perform poorly when plugged in to a socket in the same room, what do you advise? My main concern of having something that works out here in the office. Sorry if this seems too elementary for you!

6. etaf

etaf Wayne Moderator

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/953566