1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Belkin N Wireless Modem Router

Discussion in 'Networking' started by bullish, Apr 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bullish

bullish Thread Starter

I have just bought a Belkin N Wireless Modem Router F5D8636uk4A (to replace a faithful older Belkin wireless unit which finally died the other day). I have it connected to one laptoprunning Vista and another XP.

The connection to the router is fine. However, quite regularly, I am unable to connect to webpages even though the connection to the router is still there and I can, for eg, send and receive email. This then necessitates a restart of the router which clears the problem till the next time.

I have had three online chats with Belkin who have recommended restoring the router to factory condition and then restarting (which I have done). Their final suggestion was that the router was faulty. It may be but I suspect that there is some simple setting which needs to be tweaked.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks in advance!

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Actually, I suspect Belkin is correct and the router is really bad.

3. bullish

bullish Thread Starter

Thanks... I was afraid you might say that!

4. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    The good news is Belkin's lifetime warranty. I had problems, including one similar to yours, with a Belkin N1 Vision; got a replacement for ~$10 shipping. The replacement has a newer hardware revision and is working fine.

If you don't have the latest firmware upgrade it and reset to factory defaults again. Also make sure you have the latest wireless driver. Then replace the router.

5. bullish

bullish Thread Starter

Thanks Terry..............Glad I'm not alone!

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/818243

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice