1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Belkin N1 Wireless adapter for Desktop Not Working

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by arkaminski, Jun 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. arkaminski

arkaminski Thread Starter

Specs:
    Windows Vista Ultimate (RED) Edition, 32 bit
    PSU: Coller Master 610 Watts
    GPU: PNY NVIDIA 275 GTX
    Sound: Creative Labs Fatal1ty Edition (the first one, not the new version)
    CPU: Intell Core 2 Duo 3.00ghz
    MoBo: ASUS P5N-E SLI
    RAM: OZC Gold edition, 4 gigs
    HDD: 250 Gig Seagate
    Opitical: Stock CD/DVD Read only Samsung

I have to have this desktop wireless, wireing it is simply not an option, so please don't post saying to wire it. I purchesed the Belking N1 Desktop Wireless Adapter, mainly becouse I have always had good luck with their products and they are generally rated fairlly high. I have installed the device as per the included directions. I have called Belkin and had the device replaced. I have called them and installed as they described and any which way in between. Nothing as worked.
    I can get it to work for a short while and than it will lock my pc up and or cause it crash on end. The only remedy is to roll back the OS and take it out. Belkin keeps telling me that it is fine (the adapter) but that is bs if you ask me. I am currently using the pre-n version of that same adapter but it is not compatible with vista (although it does still work on it). I am pretty sure that the pre-n version is not in any way compatible with vista service pack 2 and most likly not at all with windows 7.
    Any ideas from anyone as a possible solution? And yes I have updated the firmware and used that version.

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    so whats the problem, if it works ?
    use that

3. arkaminski

because it most likely is the reason I cant update to service pack on vista.

4. toxrednil

toxrednil

I am having EXACTLY the same problem as etaf. One thing I did that worked for a while was install another wireless adapter. Later I switched back and the Belkin worked for 3 days! Now it won't stay connected at all again! This sucks!

5. arkaminski

I have done that as well, its works for a bit and than stop working again, I hate this piece of crap.

6. toxrednil

toxrednil

But I love Windows 7 and REALLY don't want to go back to Vista. Maybe I'll reinstall Windows 7 again, but then I'm worried that the adapter won't work then either! Catch 22!

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!