1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Belkin N300 issues

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Acetius, Jul 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Acetius

Acetius Thread Starter

Recently got a new belkin n300 router modem. At first it worked fine, if a bit slower than my previous G router. But recently it's been getting massive lag spikes. If I'm watching a youtube video it will randomly completely stop buffering for upwards of a minute. If I'm playing anything online eg. WoW, LoL, tf2, I get massive ping spikes every other minute (jumping from ~50 to anywhere between 1,000-15,000 ms). I've tried it on other computers on the network, same thing. I've run a full virus scan using both McAfee and Avast, nothing. Is there anything I can try to figure out whether it really is the belkin or somewhere further down the line?

Edit: Checked router's security log, it's throwing out tonnes of **TCP FIN Scan** (from ATM1 Inbound) alerts, but the times logged don't seem to relate to the spikes. posting a log anyway:
    It was also throwing out a bunch of **SYN FLOOD** (from ATM1 Inbound) earlier , to a different computer on the network (192.168.2.4), but they've both been scanned and shown nothing.

Edit 2: Did a netalyzr test: http://n3.netalyzr.icsi.berkeley.edu/summary/id=36ea240d-29620-14b0200b-5665-4de4-ad74

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1103498

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice