1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Belkin N300 - No Internet Connection

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Channy, Nov 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Channy

Channy Thread Starter

I've had this problem with the Belkin ever since I bought it, and I have a lot of contempt for it. I bought it for home because I was having issues getting a good signal from my bedroom with my laptop.. turned out, it didn't help any. Back then, I hadn't the faintest idea how to fix it, so I boxed it up and put it away.

A year later, I moved in with somebody and they busted it out and got half way through installing it. I ran it the rest of the way and it still ran into the same problem... "Connected with no Internet Access"

So I googled and I googled on my phone while dinking around until I found this site. Seems like a lot of people ran into the same problem, and there were a lot of solutions but about half way through I don't understand where it goes anymore... So I'm giving it a shot.

From what I understand, it has to do with the laptop not recognizing it and the MAC address... I went to the ip address on the browser to access my router and had a look.. I had it clone the MAC address.. but then it stopped working all together. I unplugged/reset it.. but now it doesn't even connect at all.

Before when I didn't have 'internet access' my phone, playstation and xbox all recognized it, but not the laptop. Then cloning the MAC address made me lose all connectivity. Here's the specs I'm going off in the meantime.

The laptop is a Dell XPS L502X running Windows 7.

The router set up I got is the modem is plugged to the router, and then the router is plugged to the laptop. From there, I can get a connection, but under the modem. As soon as I disconnect from it and try go wireless, it doesn't recognize it. I did the IPconfig thing too, but for some reason it won't let me renew. Here's the config and the response I get from renew.

Help?

2. Channy

Channy Thread Starter

Okay I'm not sure what happened.

It wasn't happy with me when I cloned the MAC. I was connected with no access, then when I cloned it, I couldn't connect at all. So I unplugged and reset and... nothing. Finally, randomly, I cleared the MAC on the laptop to try and connect without access again, but... it connects fine now.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1078742

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice