1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

BELKIN N300 router problem...

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Shafayet, Mar 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Shafayet

Shafayet Thread Starter

Hi, i brought the BELKIN N300 Wireless N modem-router. I have a broadband connection which is a Ethernet cable(Picture included). The port doesn't fits to the routers internet connection input port. The input port is small(Picture included). What should i do? I can't return the device. Is there any way to make it work? There are 4 Ethernet ports which fits my internet cable fine. So can i use one of the 4 Ethernet ports as an input for the router? Internet Connection Cable.jpg

Router Ports.jpg

2. metallica5456

metallica5456 Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Andrew
    If you have a broandband (cable internet) connection simply put you bought the WRONG router-modem combo....you bought a modem router combo with an ADSL modem NOT A CABLE modem...unfortunately there no way to make it compatible. However, do you have a seperate modem and are just using the device you bought (belkin) as a router ONLY??

3. Shafayet

Shafayet Thread Starter

Thanks for your reply...

no i don't have a modem. but if i brought a modem or any kind of device(like a converter or something) can i use this belkin router as only wifi router that will make a wifi zone in my home? Is there no way to make it work? please help me... :(

4. metallica5456

First Name:
    Andrew
    where do you live?? (wat country?)) and whos ur ISP??

5. metallica5456

First Name:
    Andrew
    So your ISP hooked your service up and DID NOT provide you a modem??

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1123095

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice