1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Belkin network adapter installation problems

Discussion in 'Networking' started by kiwibird, May 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kiwibird

kiwibird Thread Starter

I am having trouble with the installation of a Belkin network adapter on my PC. I run Windows XP home edition. I have a dynalink ADSL modem installed. Everytime I install the Belkin network adapter my system crashes and shuts down. If I uninstall it everything works fine again. I am following the instrcutions in the manual. I get a blue screen saying windows needs to shut down to prevent damage to my computer. The error message is
    Driver-IRQ not LESS or EQUAL.
    Am I right in assuming it is a IRQ conflict and if so how do I go about rectifying this as when I install the network adapter my system crashes so I cannot go into anything to change any settings. Thanks in advance.

2. Rockn

Rockn

Are you certain that driver was written for XP? I would take it back and get a better NIC.

3. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

One thing to try is move it to another PCI slot. OTOH, I have to agree woth Rockn here, Belkin is a repackager, and you really don't know what you get when you buy their products...

4. kiwibird

kiwibird Thread Starter

Yes it says it is for Windows XP. Unfortunately I cannot return it as I have had it for a few months. I had it running on my old PC which ran Windows XP pro. It worked ok on that PC. I have tried other PCI slots and I get the same error. I also tried to install it on my laptop to see if the problem was just my new PC but it caused the same error on my laptop. Could it be to do with WindowsXP home edition?

5. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

A new Netgear NIC will set you back $10-12, I think I'd lose the Belkin and try one of those. I've used them on a variety of systems with good results. :)

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/226002

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice