1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

belkin network adapter

Discussion in 'Networking' started by gamemaster_bm2, May 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. gamemaster_bm2

gamemaster_bm2 Thread Starter

i bought a belkin f5d5000 network card, although it seems to install in the hardware profile, it just wont show up in the network settings box... this is the first time ive ever encountered this, im on win 98se, and thought maybe it was too old, but then saw others with sucess... anything i might be doing wrong?

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Probably buying the Belkin card was the first mistake. :)

What does Device Manager say about the card, no errors there?

3. gamemaster_bm2

nope, no errors at all in device manager, and thats whats making me wonder why it can recognize it in that but not in the networking properties, because they both use the same driver, and it should be listed in both once the driver is installed
    tried everything, reseating card (5 times), different drivers, still no luck

4. JohnWill

You got me, have you uninstalled the drivers, removed the card from the machine, and rebooted. Then, start all over and install it again, see if you have better luck.

5. gamemaster_bm2

thanks, i think im gonna return the card, its still under the return policy and buy a cheaper card from netgear or someone more reliable, i didnt even really need it anyway, just something to buy

6. JohnWill

I've had excellent luck with the Netgear cards. Belkin is a repackager, I avoid their stuff, because you don't know what you're getting.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/233865

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice