belkin pci card not letting pc shut down.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

dconway01

HI,
I have purchased a belkin usb 2.0/firewire 6-port pci card to put into my machine so that I could then plug in a dvd player with a firewire connection. I installed the card and the driver and it seemed to be picked up ok and I plugged in an external firewire dvd player and that was picked up fine and I could work away with the new drive - however my pc won't shut down. I press shut down and it seems to be shutting down until the end and then the machine restarts and this happens all the time. When i uninstall the card the pc it shuts down ok so it is definately the card. I have emailed belkin about this but no reply and i have rang them and they said it could be a bios issue but no further info. I have tried it on another pc and the same thing happens- anybody got any ideas- please help.

you already know what the problem is, because it happened in more then 1 machine.

Will the machine shut down with the card installed, but no drive plugged into it? if that works, just unplug it when you want to shut down, if that doesn't work, then you have 3 options:

1. if you have a free 5.25" drive bay, take the DVD drive out of the external case and install it inside your computer(this is the best option if you have a free bay), or...

2. leave your machine on (i always leave mine on), or...

3. return that firewire card and buy another brand (not belkin)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online