1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Belkin Print Server and Windows 7

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by hamgray, Jan 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hamgray

hamgray Thread Starter

Hi Guys,
    I hope someone reading this can help me.
    I have recently upgraded from Windows XP (32 bit) to Windows 7 (64 bit) and having (severe) problems with my Belkin F1UP0001 Print Server and associated Brother HL-5150D laser printer.
    All worked under XP with a static IP - no problems.

If I connect the Brother via USB 1 it works fine, so the drivers are there. Not sure if it's W7 included drivers or the Vista 64 it I also downloaded.

If I use the Network Wizard in W7 to find the printer and server box, it will and I can print.
    Next time I switch on the computer and printer it won't print and appears to be offline.

I am using these settings: Static IP 192.168.2.99 (outside the range on the Router (0 - 10), Port 9100, RAW Protocol, RAW TCP/IP ticked, FTP also ticked (I think I need this for other wirelessly connected computers?)
    Problem is it how do I get W7 to realise the printer is there and not offline?
    Many thanks for any help, it's been driving me mad!

2. hamgray

hamgray Thread Starter

Another thought on my problem:
    The Brother laser printer has both USB and centronics connections.
    Can I connect my computer to the centronics whilst also connecting the USB to my print server (the print server works from other computers as they are using XP)?
    If so can I use a USB to centronics cable? I have seen some reports these cables do not work with 64 bit systems. Anybody have any views on this please?

OR can I put a parallel PCI card in my pc and connect directly to the laser printer that way?
    Will a parallel PCI card work with Windows 7 64 bit?

Thanks for any thoughts or ideas.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!