belkin router and samsung r20

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

msiz

hi
I have a samsung r20 vista laptop which I am trying to connnect to a belkin 54g router. I have managed to connect it to the router but not wireless. I get the message "the settings saved on this computer for the network do not match the requirements of the network". this is the first time I have used wireless so it is all totally new to me! can anyone help?
thanks
msiz

TerryNet

Terry
If your network is secured try w/o encryption until you get a successful wireless connection.

While connected via ethernet and trying to connect wireless please show ...

Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:

(If you don't see 'Run" on the Start menu, try in All Programs - Accessories)

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

If it is a secured network, you must enter the proper key/password. Do you know the security information, if any?

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
I'd do what Terry suggests, try it unencrypted and see if you can get connected. That will narrow down the possibilities if you can connect unencrypted.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online