1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Belkin router firmware upgrade

Discussion in 'Networking' started by willowthecat, Jan 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. willowthecat

willowthecat Thread Starter

Hi all and happy new year,
    I have a belkin router which I installed afirmware upgrade, all went fine but when it gets switched on now it only shows the red power light and a green ethernet light when I plug in the pc.

any one out there know how to talk to the router so I can get it back and runing.
    Have called and emailed belkin total waste of space and time, If this cannot be sorted then it will make a nice paper weight.

before we did the upgrage the F5D9630-4 would lockup you had to reboot maybe twice a week.
    Thanks.

2. leroys1000

leroys1000 Banned

There should be a small hole in the back with a reset button inside.
    Use a straightened paper clip or something thin.
    With the power connected push the reset button for 30 seconds to
    do a hard reset then release and see if it reboots.

3. willowthecat

Hi Leroys1000,
    Thanks tried that all the lights on the router light up green and then the power light turns red again, tried it about 5 times.
    Thanks.

4. crashoverider

crashoverider

Hey willow ,

I have just checked your post may i know wats the model num and version number of the product .
    According to your previous posting it says that the power light is red in color and Lan light is n green .
    Normally on Belkin routers it should be in green in color .
    Or i would like to Know if the power light was red when it was working fine ????
    Probabaly connect one of your computer with an ethernet cable and try this ..
    Start - >Run - >Cmd [Command Prompt ] and enter
    In the black screen type in Ipconfig / All and enter

Check if there is any ip address listed in Ethernet Adaptor Local Area Connection -
    Probably you can send a screen shot of this screen - Which would be helpfull .

Note :This is to know if there is a communication between your router and computer .
    Which would help us isolate the issue .

Good to know :Belkin routers come with Life time Warranty - If there is any problem replacement is always there ....

Thanks
    Crash Overider .

5. willowthecat

Hi Crash,
    I never knew that belkins had a life time warranty.
    No the power light is green when working ok but now it starts green and goes to red the ethernet port light stays green because I have my computer plugged into it.
    I have a screen shot but don't know how to show it,, any help.
    Thanks.

6. crashoverider

crashoverider

Hi Willow ,
    Sorry for the late response .
    Anyways the router seems to be working fine now ...
    Just send the model number of the router - It starts with F5D or F7D ..
    Well you can call Belkin on - 1800235546
    Have a nice day :)

7. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    You could make one more try by unplugging it for several hours and then try the reset to factory defaults again. If that doesn't bring it back to life either use it as a paperweight or pay the shipping to Belkin to get it replaced.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/972790

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice