1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Belkin Router issues

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by clenny, Dec 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. clenny

clenny Thread Starter

I've been experiencing problems staying connected recently. I constantly get a router issue prompt and the connection is intermittent. However, even when I'm connected pages from some sites don't render properly. It's like I get a text version of the page. I'm unable to access many sites at all such as facebook, Hotmail and this site. I wanted to uninstall and redo the router set up but my ISP wanted me to sign up for some subscription signature service before they would tell me what the default gateway is. Jeez... Anyway, I've now plugged directly into my modem and everything works fine. No page rendering problems as I can now access facebook, Hotmail, etc. So I think I may just need to replace the router. What do you think? For a moment, I suspected someone had hacked my wireless set up but now I'm not so sure. I'd appreciate your feedback.

2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Routers do not last forever. If it is more than 3~4yrs old, I would consider just replacing the router. Have you checked for any firmware updates to the router?

3. clenny

clenny Thread Starter

yes, I was beginning to think along those lines though I think it has been less than 2 years. I did check the firmware and everything is up to date in that regard. I'm just going to buy another router. Maybe try Linksys this time. Any recommendations.

4. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

I have been using a linksys E3200 and it is great. I can transfer a 1gig file between systems in about 10~15 seconds [wired not wireless]
    Just checked the wireless speed and my wife's tablet shows 65mps over the wireless so I am quite pleased with its performance.

5. DaveBurnett

DaveBurnett Account Closed

It is usually quite easy to get the sign in info for your ISP, especially if you have a working connection.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!