Belkin Router issues

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

clenny

I've been experiencing problems staying connected recently. I constantly get a router issue prompt and the connection is intermittent. However, even when I'm connected pages from some sites don't render properly. It's like I get a text version of the page. I'm unable to access many sites at all such as facebook, Hotmail and this site. I wanted to uninstall and redo the router set up but my ISP wanted me to sign up for some subscription signature service before they would tell me what the default gateway is. Jeez... Anyway, I've now plugged directly into my modem and everything works fine. No page rendering problems as I can now access facebook, Hotmail, etc. So I think I may just need to replace the router. What do you think? For a moment, I suspected someone had hacked my wireless set up but now I'm not so sure. I'd appreciate your feedback.

crjdriver

Routers do not last forever. If it is more than 3~4yrs old, I would consider just replacing the router. Have you checked for any firmware updates to the router?

clenny

yes, I was beginning to think along those lines though I think it has been less than 2 years. I did check the firmware and everything is up to date in that regard. I'm just going to buy another router. Maybe try Linksys this time. Any recommendations.

crjdriver

I have been using a linksys E3200 and it is great. I can transfer a 1gig file between systems in about 10~15 seconds [wired not wireless]
Just checked the wireless speed and my wife's tablet shows 65mps over the wireless so I am quite pleased with its performance.

DaveBurnett

Account Closed
It is usually quite easy to get the sign in info for your ISP, especially if you have a working connection.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts