1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Belkin Router Losing Wan Connection

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Jaads, Feb 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaads

Jaads Thread Starter

Hi,
    I have a Belkin N1 Vision (F5D8232-4) router that seems to drop the WAN (optonline cable modem) connection intermittently.
    When it drops this connection all the networked computers also lose connectivity to all other networked resources (i.e. NAS, printers, etc).
    The only way to restore this connection is to re-boot the router. For some reason in the security log it shows the re-start date of 12/31/1999.
    If anyone has experienced this problem before any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Joe

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    I haven't experienced that problem, but not infrequently a firmware upgrade will fix the disconnect problem. If there is no upgrade, reset the router to factory default settings and reconfigure it. Sometimes routers work better after that.

Of course, I am assuming that you do not get these disconnects when running with a computer connected directly to the modem.

3. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

If those measures fail, you should make sure that direct connections to the cable modem are solid. If that's also the case, then it'll be time to send the router back to Belkin.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/679397

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice