1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Belkin Router N300 doesn't connect to internet

Discussion in 'Networking' started by mallam, Apr 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mallam

mallam Thread Starter

Hi,

I recently bough a belkin router (Share N300) but it just wont connect to the internet.

My setup is as follows:
    ADSL -> Modem -> Router -> PC

The internet works fine when I connect it directly to my PC (via the modem), and other PCs too.
    So no issue of MAC address lockdown.

I've tried connecting through static mode with the data from ipconfig /all, but it still doesn't work.

I've even installed DD WRT and Tomato to no avail.

I've rebooted/reset everything, but theres still no connection.

Please help.
    Thanks

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    If the modem is a modem only did you power cycle it when trying to connect the router and configure the router's WAN properly?

If the modem is really a modem/router combo is it and the Belkin using the same LAN IP subnet?

3. mallam

mallam Thread Starter

Detailed Setup:

University Dorm Room.
    I have to split the internet through what I think is a network switch. All the output ports from the switch have different IPs.
    Internet Subnet is 255.255.254.0
    Router Subnet is 255.255.255.0

Could this be causing the problem?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1095112

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice