1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Belkin Router Problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dayne, Nov 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dayne

dayne Thread Starter

Hi,

After much deliberation, i bought myself a belkin Wireless Cable/DSL Gateway router and 2 Wireless PC Cards for my home network. I tried installing the drivers for the gateway, and it couldn't find it. So I tried the alternative method. It said to open up the web brower and type '192.168.2.1' to access the settings of the router.... it couldn't find it also.

I have tried almost everything possible; new cables, changing IP and subnet mask addresses but nothing seems to work.

Does anyone have any ideas at all on how to access this settings page on the router itself?

Thanks very much in advance,

Dayne

** The 3-step quick install instructions make it look so easy :rolleyes:

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

First off, to access the router's configuration page, you need to use a wired connection, the wireless connection won't do it.

If you have a CAT5 patch cord connected from a NIC on one machine to one of the LAN ports of the router, try the following:

- Set TCP/IP properties to obtain IP and DNS addresses automatically.

- Reboot and try the web browser with 192.168.2.1 again.

3. dayne

dayne Thread Starter

Hi,

I tried all of that and it didn't work... Although when I opened up Internet Explorer it said that it couldn't find the search page. I then installed Netscape Navigator.. For some reason, it actually found the config page.

Thanks very much for your help though!

Dayne

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/181643

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice