1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Belkin router probs ..keeps cutting out

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Charliesmomu, Feb 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Charliesmomu

Charliesmomu Thread Starter

Hi. I have a simple 2 home pc network. The signal strength has never been great (40% max) but always functional.
    Last week I upgraded the networked pc to XP(from ME) and reinstalled the router. Seemed fine but now it keeps saying its not connected and max conenction is about 10%. Everything is in the same place physically.
    I have windows firewall running and Mcaffee AV. I reinstalled the router before putting the AV on and it was already cutting out.
    Any suggestions gratefully received. I'm a newby at all this so am at a bit of a loss and my 13 yr old is giving me grief as she can't stay on MSN!!!!!
    Jules
    edited to add.. if I try uninstalling and reinstalling it, is it better to use Belkins installation disc or let Windows Netweking wizzard do it?!!!

2. Headrush

Headrush

Need a little clearer detail:

You have a wireless router with two computer connecting to this?

When you say you reinstalled the router, what do you mean? The software for the wireless card on your computer?

Do both computers have the connectivity problem?

Do you have an ethernet cable to physically connect to the router to check it's settings temporarily?

How far away are the computers from the router? Any electronic devices near? What speed are your wireless devices? (router and computer wireless devices. eg 801.11b, 802.11g)

Are both computer running XP?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/326375

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice