1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

belkin router security key

Discussion in 'Networking' started by deadspot, Mar 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. deadspot

deadspot Thread Starter

my laptop suddenly disconnected from my wereless network. i went to connect, and it says windows cannot connect to the network. i looked at the network properties, and i think i may have messed it up by erasing the security key. i do not know this key. it is not on my router, or was it given to me upon installation. i am unjsure of how to get my wireless network back up and running. if you have any suggestions or could help me out in any way at all, that would be sweet. thanks for your time.

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Terry Moderator

Are you sure there is not an option on the router to display the key? I ask because there is such an option on my current Belkin and I'm pretty sure there is on my older one.

But, anyhow, just set a new one. :) Although, given your current problem it may be better to disable encryption, connect the wireless computer(s), then re-enable encryption and reconnect.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/913354