1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Belkin router showing red light, connection suffers. Why is this happening?

Discussion in 'Networking' started by PlzHelpMe2Code, Jun 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. PlzHelpMe2Code

PlzHelpMe2Code Thread Starter

Hey folks, every now and then my Belkin brand router will just switch from green light, to red light. Sometimes unplugging it for a while fixes it, sometimes unplugging it for a LONG while fixes it, sometimes prayer and chanting fixes it. But most of the time the red light sits there mocking my efforts.

What's making this happen? Is it my wireless security settings? Because I used to try and fix it by pressing/holding down the WPS button. And once we figure out why this is happening, how can I fix it?

2. PlzHelpMe2Code

Here's my IPConfig, if anyone needs it. I can also post it publicly, if anyone needs it.

Attached Files:

3. TerryNet

TerryNet Terry Moderator

What's the router's model and version? What does the user manual say the light means when green and when red?

4. PlzHelpMe2Code

I don't think I have the manual anymore, but let me see if I can get the model number and things like that.

5. TerryNet

TerryNet Terry Moderator

You can get another copy of the manual from Belkin's web site.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1000330