1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Belkin Router Storage Device

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by cookie29, Jun 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cookie29

cookie29 Thread Starter

Hi Techguys, I plugged an external hard drive into the USB port of my Belkin ADSL wireless router but the router doesn't seem to know that anything is plugged in.

The router is a Belkin N+Wireless Modem Router and the manual states that it supports NTFS, Fat32 adn FAT file systems. The USB drive is a Western Digital WD Elements external hard drive with a USB 2 connection and it's own power source. When I plug the HD into my PC (Windows 7 OS) it functions normally - ie I can see the device as well as read to and write from it. When it is plugged into the router (using its own power source), the blue storage indicator on the router does not illuminate ( the light does flash when the router is powered up). Also the light on the HD blinks as if waiting for the router to talk to it. This HD light is on and not blinking when connected to the PC.

Any advice would be helpful.
    Thanks

2. cookie29

cookie29 Thread Starter

Oh - forgot to say that the HD is formatted to NTFS

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1001823

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice