1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Belkin Router

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Bighomedog11, Feb 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Bighomedog11

Bighomedog11 Thread Starter

hey I am trying to connect my Belkin router. I have bellsouth. And when i have all my stuff connect then try to connect online with my bellsouth to start the install process on the Belkin install program.Well first it wont connect the bellsouth thing thats not allowing it to download the belkin program. I think its a firewall or something blockin it but not sure.

2. ezymony

ezymony

Is this bellsouth dsl?

3. Bighomedog11

Yes it is

4. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

First we will need some information like the make and model of the Belkin router and some system stats, also have you called Belkin tech support if the router is brand new it might be defective and they would be able to RMA it right there and save a lot of time.

5. ezymony

ezymony

How do you have everything hooked up you don't have to run the belkin disk for it to work.

6. Bighomedog11

yes its a good router.the Model number is F5D7230-4. And what eles do you need? I have the yellow cord bellsouth cord going into the router the Green slot the right slot then i have my pc connect to the blue slot the 2 one. And i try to connect online and it wont connect.

7. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

Some system stats so we know what kind of computer and OS you are running and have you had DSL from Bell South connected before you tried to install the router?

8. Bighomedog11

Yes i had it work before but on another pc.
    I am running Xp pc is a hp.

9. ezymony

ezymony

Turn off the computer-router-modem then reboot the modem first make sure it is on line then reboot the router then turn on the computer.

10. Bighomedog11

I do not have a modem. I have a filter thingy

11. Billy the Adult

Billy the Adult

How are you accessing Bellsouth DSL without a DSL modem??? Filters only prevent noise on your phone line.

12. bbearren

bbearren

You have to have a modem in order to connect. How did you connect to the internet with the other PC?

13. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

I understand what a filter is but what is a thingy? <g>

If you still have the hook up on the other computer with the modem or router all you need is a cable to go from the network card to the router if the router has extra Ethernet connectors in it. If it does not then you need a router to network both computers together and then run the modem for DSL into the router.

14. Old Rich

Old Rich

15. Bighomedog11

OK thanks. I think i need to add some Ip's to the bellsouth connection thingy. But i dont know what IP's i need to add.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/547236

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice