1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Belkin Router

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Credo, Jul 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Credo

Credo Thread Starter

Anyway to change Ip on Belkin router now ?????

If you know please help me >.<

Not a lan ip, wireless .....

2. Courtneyc

Courtneyc

Totally have no clue as to what you are talking about.

Do you mean your private IP address, or the one that your ISP provided to you?

Courtney

3. Credo

Credo Thread Starter

4. super92

super92

i think the only way to do that is call your isp and tell them that you want to change your static ip , if its not static then turn your router off and on its going to change... otherwise , changing something like ip adress manually may and i think will resolve you having no internet connection

5. Credo

Credo Thread Starter

I don't know why but Comcast Wont change my ip ...

6. Courtneyc

Courtneyc

If your ISP assigns your address by DHCP, you will have to turn your router off, sometimes for as long as 7 days, in order to get a new IP address. If your address is static, you will have to cancel your service in order to get a new one.

Why would you need to change your address (unless you were banned from a server by IP address)? Note that some gaming servers (like Sony and Blizzard) block you by your CD key, not by IP address.

Courtney

7. Credo

Credo Thread Starter

I cant turn off my router for 7 days cuz iam not 100 % sure that it will change my ip...

+ yes i am banned on World of Warcraft Private server by Ip address....

I am Using Hotspot Shield to change my ip but i am lagging bad with it =(
    So any way to look how Hotspot shield changes my ip and do it without program ?

8. super92

super92

well i never heard that an isp would refuse to change your static ip... if its static it wont help turning your router off for months , your isp gave you a static ip which stays the same and is known to all the world, well anyways i have changed my static ip by just calling them and they didnt even care of why i am doing this ... try to come up with a serious reason to tell them and if they refuse than ask them why do they do that. so yeah , the last chance to change your ip is to cancel your internet and order again , but this will result much more problems

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/734516

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice