1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

belkin router

Discussion in 'Networking' started by pansie, Jul 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. pansie

pansie Thread Starter

My computer recently had a virus and had to restore my computer back to factory. After doing so now I am unable to connect to the internet using my wireless Belkin router. I have tried to connect using the ethernet cord directly into my laptop and I am able to get on the internet by when I remove the ethernet cord from my laptop I loose connection. I don't know what else to do. Please help.

2. robes3393

robes3393

Reinstall the drivers for your wireless card in your laptop. Go to the manufacturers website and look for the drivers for your particular model.

3. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Download and run this Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector, click the Networks link on the upper left and paste a screen shot of that screen here. Note that this application requires NET Framework to run. If you get an error about a missing function, download and install NET Framework.

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file. To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.

4. pansie

pansie Thread Starter

5. JohnWill

Don't know what you did, but you didn't attach the graphic. Try it again. :)

6. pansie

pansie Thread Starter

Please explain how I need to send what you asked for. I am not to computer smart.

7. JohnWill

You obviously have the screen shot, or you think you do, so to upload it here, did you do this?

To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.

8. pansie

pansie Thread Starter

When I get to the Manage Attachment I have the attachment but don't know how to get it to the reply window to upload it here.

9. JohnWill

Click on Manage Attachments.
    Browse to your image file on your computer using the Browse button.
    Select the file in the browse window and select Open.
    Click the Upload button to the right of the Browse button.

The image should be here.

10. pansie

pansie Thread Starter

Did all of that but how do I get it to you. I have the attachment not the image

11. JohnWill

If you did all of that in a message, it would be attached to the message.

12. pansie

pansie Thread Starter

No - It wasn't done in a message. It is still in manage attachments as an attachment

13. pansie

pansie Thread Starter

I don't think I want to keep these replies going. I have working on this all day and getting no where. Thanks for al your help.

14. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/934846

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice