1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Belkin Screencast not showing all of laptops screen (when cloning displays)

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Mr Davo, May 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr Davo

Mr Davo Thread Starter

Hi Everyone,

I recently purchased a Belkin Screencast AV4 with the intention of using it for meetings at work. Primarily my thinking was that both employees and visitors could easily plug their laptops into the Screencast and content could easily be viewed through the Boardroom flat screen TV.

Let me say that my experience with this product has been anything but smooth, and I would not be in a rush to recommend this product (further to this I unfortunately purchased one of these for my father in law recently, and fingers crossed he won't have the issues that I have faced).

My issues started with...

1). The remote control did not work at all. Fiddling with a flat head screw driver and the remote rectified this issue (however if I did not have a good response to my Whirlpool Forum Post regarding this issue I would not have even gotten to the second issue)!
    2). The Screencast is quite picky when it comes to HDMI cables. The first HDMI cable that I plugged in caused the Screencast menu to come up on the flat screen, and no matter what I did it simply wouldn't go away - e.g.: the remote control became unresponsive!
    3). The cloned screen image is clipped on the flat screen TV, I am missing half of the Windows task bar, and a similar amount of screen real estate from the top and sides.

Now that I have my "bitching" out of the way I would still like to fix point 3! I have tried different resolutions on the laptop and various TV ratio settings, in all instances I am still seeing a small amount of screen clipping.

I have contacted Belkin support on at least 3 occasions, their service was reasonable on at least 2 of those occasions, and in my last conversation it was apologetically explained to me that the Screencast is not, I repeat...NOT, DEFINITELY NOT, designed with laptops in mind. Instead it is intended only for Home Entertainment setups.

Of course I am going to keep trying here, I have jumped through hoops, and run a marathon, at least that is what it feels like, and ultimately I am not prepared to give up yet!

Any help and suggestions will be appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Davo

2. Magician595

Magician595

Hi,

If you are missing cloning straight from your laptop to a TV, there may be a difference in resolution for the 2. Windows does not automatically scale the second screen to look the same as yours. It would be like trying to make an A3 painting fit on a piece of A4 paper without first making it smaller, you will see some of the picture but not all of it. Win+P will change whether it extends the screen or duplicates it. Perhaps I am way off the mark here on my advice.
    Let me know if any of this helps.

Cheers,
    Jim

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1098144

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice