Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Belkin Secured Wireless Connection Setup

988 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  TerryNet 
#1 ·
To Whomever Tech Geniuses That Have a Few Moments:

PROBLEM:
I'm trying to set up my Belkin G Wireless Router* (Model:F5D7234-4 v3)* as a secure wireless home network. I have it plugged into my Touchstone Telephony Cabel Modem (Model: TM502G/CT). It is emitting a wireless signal which I can connect to, but, ONLY as an unsecured network. Once I connect to the network, it asks: "Type the PIN from the Router* to configure it. I have located the PIN entered it only to have it say that it "Could not configure the Router.*"

NOVICE SOLUTIONS:
I've verified the device PIN. I've rebooted the device and the cable modem. However, it will NOT allow me to configure the device so that I can secure the network.

HELP ME!?!?!?!?!
If someone could PLEASE help me get a secure network established I'd really appreciate not having Google doing any drive by peeks into my internet activity with their Google Earth vehicles.

THANK YOU FOR YOU TIME AND ATTENTION.

Have a great day!!

:):):)

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium, Service Pack 2, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E7500 @ 2.93GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3838 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9200, 256 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 595078 MB, Free - 443392 MB; D: Total - 15359 MB, Free - 14252 MB;
Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0K837J
Antivirus: Norton Security Suite, Updated and Enabled

See less See more
#2 ·
I don't see the point to that "pin" stuff, so I just disable anything in the router having to do with that. Then in the router's wireless section set the Encryption (or Security) Mode to WPA(2)-PSK and assign a strong passphrase (which mainly means don't use a dictionary word). Then when you try to connect a computer just enter the same passphrase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.