1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

belkin wireless G plus router problem

Discussion in 'Networking' started by tld12345, Apr 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tld12345

tld12345 Thread Starter

Hi all

I recently bought a belkin F5D7231-4 wireless router to replace my old netgear RP614 which was wired.

When I connect it with my modem (D-link DSL-300T) It doesnt seem to find the internet at at all even though it says connected, I tried setting it up with the tiscali (ISP) codes provided on there website even changing the connection type which is supposed to be PPPoA still nothing.

I end up losing my patience with it and plugging in my old router which works perfectly

When I tried doing the easy setup or whatever its called it kept saying my details were not accepted by my ISP even though I corrected them about 6 times so, I'm lost and really need some help from the God's and goddesses the roam the forums

any help wil be appreciated
    if you need more information let me know

2. Jason08

Jason08

Have you tried configuring the router from inside the configuration pages?

3. tld12345

tld12345 Thread Starter

if you mean did I type in 192.168.2.1 and do it that way I tried but couldnt still no luck

4. pcdebol

pcdebol

Did you unplug the power from the modem before you plugged in the new router. Some ISPs tie your modem to a mac address on the hardware that is connected to it when set up. Most will allow a new piece of hardware to be put on but you have to power down the modem before it will work.

If that doesn't work you may have to spoof your old routers mac on the new router. Almost all routers have a place on the internet setup to specify a mac address if necessary. Just look in the old routers set up for its wan mac not the lan mac and type it into the spot on the belkin where it ask for a specific mac.

Or you could call the ISP and tell them you are changing the router they will reset the modem so it can work with the new mac.

5. tld12345

tld12345 Thread Starter

Im on tiscali broadband so I followed the stats they gave for seting up a router
    They told me to select PPoA so I did and it says 'no connection' but when i have it on 'dynamic' it says connected but when i try the internet it doesnt work.

6. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    On your Netgear RP614 how is the WAN connection configured? Is that the same way you configured the Belkin?

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/821977

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice