1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Belkin Wireless G USB network adapter problem

Discussion in 'Networking' started by james_lufc, Dec 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. james_lufc

james_lufc Thread Starter

Hi,
    I am trying to use a Belkin Wireless G USB network adapter (version F5D7050) on a PC running Windows 7 64 bit. This adapter used to work fine, however, it suddenly stopped finding any networks. I tried to reinstall the software but it would no longer recognise the adapter. I bought a replacement adapter, however, when I try to install the software, I reach the screen that says "please plug in your usb adapter now" and when I do this nothing happens. I then get a message saying "notebook card not found. Please insert notebook card to continue". I have also tried downloading the latest driver and running this manually, but still no luck. Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks,
    James

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    can we see a device manager screen shot - with at the devices attached

------------------------------------------------------------------------
    {Device Manager}
    Post back the results in device manager
    If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
    Start > control Panel {Vista set to classic view}> system > {Vista, device manager on left hand side} {XP hardware Tab, device manager button} >
    windows 7
    start > control panel> System and Security> Device Manager

network adaptors, click on the + > post back the devices listed there
    are there any ! ? or X

post a screen shot of the device manager - network adapters

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
    To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

3. Elvandil

Elvandil

I have had all kinds of problems with mine since installing it first in XP, and then Vista and 7. It seemed wise at the time to go to their site and get the latest driver. But after a lot of work, I uninstalled everything to do with the device and then installed a driver manually by having it search the original CD (presumably an XP driver). That worked and the thing started functioning again.

I did not install using the CD's setup program, nor did I install Belkin's network management software. I just put the device in and had Device Manager find the bare driver on the CD. That is what worked for me. I couldn't detect any signals with the "correct" driver.

4. crashoverider

crashoverider

Hi James ,

As you are using Belkin Wireless G USB Adaptor IE :F5d7050 adaptor which gives about 54 mbps speed .
    As i understand its windows 7 64 bit OS .
    May i know which is the version of the adaptor ? Ie :V 1000 .V2000 Etc ..
    If its is version 1 and 2 there are no compatible drivers for Win 7 ,If its Ver 3,4,5 , there are compatible drivers in the website

To download the drivers online visit :http://en-au-support.belkin.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1760
    You will see the list of drivers here .

Make sure before you install ,you uninstall the old drivers !!!

Please send the screen shot of the Device manager as adviced by " etaf " ,which will help us in knowing if there is any error code under network adaptors in device manager .

Thanks

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/969375

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice