1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Belkin Wireless Router 54g Model F5D7230-4

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Pastor41, Sep 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Pastor41

Pastor41 Thread Starter

:confused:
    Purchased new Belkin Wireless Router 54g Model F5D7230-4, 5 units, to provide wireless connection for 5 different sites, with PC cards, notebook adaptiors, all by Belkin.
    Followed all the instructions step-by-step in the Quick Installation Guide, and the User Manual, no step was skipped
    However, after the "Easy Install Wizard" finished "examining" my settings, the next window was the "finished"; instructions indicated that the hardware must be installed after the examination was complete, and then, I would see the "finished" window; anyway, I continues with the hardware installation EXACTLY as instructed to.After this, there was no "check", and no "configure" as indicated by the instruction manual. So I clicked on the "finish" button.
    1. The Power Led was a solid green, indicating router ready.
    2. The WLAN was solid green, indicating Wireless Network ready.
    3.The LAN port-status LED was orange, indicating 100Base-Txdevice connected.
    4. The WAN Status LED was orange; there is no explanation in either manuals for this colour.
    5. The "Connected LED" was blinking green, indicating router attempting to connect to the internet.
    i was unable also to connect to the internet using the PC, no page would display. Meanwhile, the DSL LED's were all as they should be, indicating a good and proper DSL link withthe ISP.
    Eventually, I reset the Belkin Router, no joy.
    I disconnected the Belkin Router and then the PC was able to connect to the internet with no problem, which is how I am sending this mesasge; would be grateful for advice on what to do next!
    Thanks!!!

Theon,

2. Pastor41

Pastor41 Thread Starter

The Belkin Router is jumping frmo Step 1, "Examine", to the last step, which is "Finished".
    I tried the install again, but the same result. Can anyone please help?
    Thanks

3. Bluedragon50

Bluedragon50

How did you fix the problem with the Belkin router F5D7230-4 last year ? (amber light on WAN etc.)
    Thanks,

4. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Same router--my WAN LED is always orange; think that's it's "natural" color.

Don't understand why the automatic configuration is not working, but maybe you can do it manually. I would think that the router would connect to ISP with factory settings unless you have a static IP or your ISP insists on checking MAC address. When you follow the installation instructions, that includes unplugging or turning off equipment also, right?

5. Pastor41

Pastor41 Thread Starter

Sorry for delay in response, was travelling ...

I gave up trying to fix the Belkin myslef, despite being assured by everyone in their Tech Support Dept. that "it should be working and configuring itself ..."; eventually, I called in the Tech-Support guys at my ISP (yes, in Africa they still make house calls...), they came over, and manually configured it and got it to work. I have no idea what they did, but it works well and I am very happy with it; I just wonder where I would be still if I had been in the States and I had to manually configure it on my own.

So, sorry I can't help, but mine is working now thanks to my ISP tech-support.

6. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    ISP tech support still make house calls in the US too (at least some do); but they charge a lot if it's not an ISP problem.

To configure a router manually you need to know the same info that you need to know to configure a computer to connect to a modem--information that you get from your ISP.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/271773

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice