1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Belkin wireless Router connection speed

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Gfunk200, Jan 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gfunk200

Gfunk200 Thread Starter

I've had my belkin wireless router/adapter for a while now and it hasn't ever had a very good connection. the signal strength has been like less than 10%. Is there anything that I could do to boost the signal strength? I've tried moving the router around and the adapter around but to no prevail.

2. Suburban

Suburban

I have Belkin WAP in my living room hidden on top of the Grandfather clock. Getting it up high helped a lot. The biggest help is keep anything, and every thing away from it no matter what it's made of. Anything in proximity of the antenna(s) will detune them and they will suffer for it. Some free ideas for improving antenna perfomance can be found here...freeantennas.com HTH

3. ezymony

ezymony

I had problems with my signal too i got a desktop antenna from belkin it solved my problems.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/314273

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice