1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

belkin wireless router help PLEASE!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by cat101970, Jul 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cat101970

cat101970 Thread Starter

i just recently installed a wireless router -------on my end its working but on the other computer i cant get on internet, when i installed it it had a security thing and i chose my pass word, now im not sure how to find it or unlock it, i think it may be the reason why i cant get online on the other computer (but not sure) the computers ARE close by each other and in the same. If soeone could please help me figure out how to get this working id realy appreciate it. I dont want to sound stupid here but idiot directions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

2. Rich-M

Rich-M

How does the second pc attempt to access the internet? By what device?

3. cat101970

cat101970 Thread Starter

with a wireless router adapter that was dowload to his computer. mine has the cable modem hooked up and the wireless router modem hooked up to it

4. Rich-M

Rich-M

I'm sorry I am not being deliberately difficult but you cannot download a modem, it's hardware. Are you saying the other computer that cannot connect to the internet is on a usb or pci adapter and cannot connect wirelessly. That is what I think I am hearing.
    First let's make sure the wireless adapter is enabled. Run,"devmgmt.msc", then open Network Adapers and make sure the wirless adapter is listed there as working properly with no yellow "?".
    If you open My Network Places, choose "Network Connections", then right click the wireless adapter choose Properties and check "show icon in notification area when checked".
    It then should be in the tray near the clock and if you double click it and choose refresh available networks you should see all the choices one of which should be the router. Choose "connect" and put in password if you have one and it should connect.

5. cat101970

cat101970 Thread Starter

i checked and its showing and there is no yellow

6. Rich-M

Rich-M

OK then do the rest I suggested...

7. cat101970

cat101970 Thread Starter

i tried it all -------

8. rrlr420

rrlr420

ok maybe you should take the cd that came with your router and install the program on the computer that is going wireless. Many times it will fix the problem itself especially if the computer was previously connected to the internet through a wire. maybe you just need to set the computer up to accept the wireless connection, or set the router up to put out a wireless signal. i know my router you can turn off the wireless signal.

9. Rich-M

Rich-M

Reset the router and modem.

10. Rich-M

Rich-M

Good point I would open IE and the router address and make sure that the wireless signal is enabled. It is either one of these two:
    192.168.2.1or 192.168.0.1.

11. cat101970

cat101970 Thread Starter

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! I installed on the other computer and its up and running now! I wouldn't thought it would work doing that because its not hooked to the cable modem but hey whatever works! Thanks Again!

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/599973

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice