1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Belkin Wireless Router - inconsistent web site access

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by southweststokie, Sep 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. southweststokie

southweststokie Thread Starter

UK poster here - first time post
    Recently installed Belkin Wireless Router to replace old 3Com 802.11b. Not changed any settings on either - all on default.
    On hooking up the new one, only certain websites can be accessed from - it;'s the same for all peripherals, hence me focusing on the router.
    Old router was OK, new router doesn't allow access.
    Can't understand what the issue is. Have looked at router/firewall settings and nothing is obvious to me.
    Appreciate any help.
    Running Vista in the background, though other machines are XP. Vista is another story.
    Thanks

2. Kirok

Kirok

A list of websites you can't access would be helpful? The Router model number also

3. Alex Ethridge

Alex Ethridge

To be more precise, give us a few exact links to pages it will not display.

4. southweststokie

thanks - for starters, first direct bank works(inc personal banking stuff) but not barclays - front page opens, but hangs when online banking button is hit. Downloads via iTunes doesn't work, and also Windows update keeps prompting that it can't download.

Hope this helps

Thanks

5. Alex Ethridge

Alex Ethridge

exact links

6. southweststokie

7. Alex Ethridge

Alex Ethridge

Wow, one whole link to work with. Thanks.

The link you furnished is an HTTPS page, not an HTTP. They have different requirements. HTTPS is a secure web page. HTTPS pages usually are used as the checkout page in on-line stores, log-in pages for financial institutions, etc. That's a clue.

I asked for exact links--twice--before I got just one link. Kirok asked for the router model number. If you want help, you must help us help you. Our having to request information and then request again, lengthens the process.

I suspect settings in the router and without the exact model number, we can't refer to a downloaded manual to see what setting it might be.

Good luck.

8. southweststokie

Alex,

Thanks for your comments and input. Having to dip in and out of this due to work and kids type interruptions. Understand the position re help is a two way thing - totally with that.

Will be back with the details.

Thanks

SWS

9. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    We need to know the exact model of the router. I wouldn't be surprised if there's a firmware update for the router that may help with this issue. To give you an idea the model number would look like F5D7000 Version 1000.

10. southweststokie

ADSL2+Modem G PLus MIMO Router, FSD9630-4 ver1101 UK Firmware Version 1.0. Have checked via the router update utlility that there is no more up to date firmware version - I appear to have the latest.

11. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
  12. southweststokie

Correct - spot on

13. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Maybe try the factory reset even though you didn't change anything. Do you know if your ISP recommends any settings in a router? I assume you are using the ADSL modem in the router and not a separate one.

14. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/749466

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice