1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Belkin Wireless Router

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Parzy1230, Jan 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Parzy1230

Parzy1230 Thread Starter

I tried to set up my password on my belikin wireless G router from the 192.168.2.1 screen and once i did set it the router rebooted and hasn't came back on since. I have reset the thing every way I can think of and the wireless and the 192.168.2.1 screen will not come back online the power button just keeps flashing but I can still access the internet thru the hard wired connections any help will be greatly apprieciated

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Reset the router to factory defaults by holding the reset button down for 15 seconds with power on.

• Turn off everything, the modem, router, computer.
    • Connect the modem to the router's WAN/Internet port.
    • Connect the computer to one of the router's LAN/Network ports.
    • Turn on the modem, wait for a steady connect light.
    • Turn on the router, wait for two minutes.
    • Boot the computer.

When the computer is completely booted, you should be able to access it using the default IP address and blank password.

3. Parzy1230

Parzy1230 Thread Starter

I tried that and no luck. I am thinking that this router has about had it, it is a couple of years old. It seems to me that the wireless part is fried and its acting as a switch

4. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

I'm thinking your router has some sort of problem. :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/672715

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice