1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Belkin Wireless USB adapter getting hot and being unrecognised

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Popesture, Jan 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Popesture

Popesture Thread Starter

I've been using a Belkin wirless adapter on an older laptop and after 20 minutes of use or so it will be hot and Windows will no longer recognise it or use it. I installed all the correct drivers and they appear to be up to date. So I'm not sure what is wrong. It

It seems that if I have it on a USB extender then it becomes unrecognised about 30mins after use.

It's model number is F6D4050 v1
    And the 28days to return it to the shop has long passed.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    sounds like a faulty unit - it should still be under warranty for a year

have you tried it on any other laptop - that would probably be the next thing i would do

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/975702

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice