Belkin Wireless USB adapter getting hot and being unrecognised

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Popesture

I've been using a Belkin wirless adapter on an older laptop and after 20 minutes of use or so it will be hot and Windows will no longer recognise it or use it. I installed all the correct drivers and they appear to be up to date. So I'm not sure what is wrong. It

It seems that if I have it on a USB extender then it becomes unrecognised about 30mins after use.

It's model number is F6D4050 v1
And the 28days to return it to the shop has long passed.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

etaf

First Name
Wayne
sounds like a faulty unit - it should still be under warranty for a year

have you tried it on any other laptop - that would probably be the next thing i would do

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts