1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

belkin wireless usb adapter problem

Discussion in 'Networking' started by garyboy, Jun 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. garyboy

garyboy Thread Starter

Hey im currently having difficulty installing the belkin usb network adapter 75d7051 driver for vista im running vista home basic with a 32 bit operating system. Every time i install the driver from the belkin site it seems to install but doesnt leave an icon on my desktop. If anyone could help me it would be really appreciated

2. Courtneyc

Courtneyc

No need for an icon on your desktop. In the Run box, type "control netconnections". Is the network card (the Belkin adapter) listed?

If so, it installed correctly.

By the way, to install it in Vista, you have to right-click on the install program and select Run as Administrator.

Courtney

3. garyboy

garyboy Thread Starter

Hey courtney thanks for your reply but i tryed what you said when i install the driver and type controll connections into run i only see my wired connection listed. When i go into device manager and click on the belkin adapter i get this message "This device cannot start. (Code 10)
    Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft and to see if there is a solution available." I have looked all over to see if there is another driver but there isnt any ideas ?

4. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

You may not have a Vista compatible driver. Clearly, the code 10 is telling you that you have a driver issue.

5. garyboy

garyboy Thread Starter

6. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    A Beta version from almost 1 1/2 years ago? You'd think they'd have an official version by now. :(

Did you follow the "Vista Installation Instructions" under "Related Articles"?

7. garyboy

garyboy Thread Starter

I dont have the installation disk but i burned the vista driver to a data disk an tryed that but its not working when it prompts me to search my drive for the driver it says unable to install and it cant find the driver :(

8. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    I don't know what's going wrong (unless Belkin really needs to update that driver) but just to make sure we're not overlooking something obvious, you did unzip the downloaded file, right?

9. garyboy

garyboy Thread Starter

Yeah i unzipped it [​IMG]

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/721973

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice