1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Bell High Speed or Cable??

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Wogster, Jan 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Wogster

Wogster Thread Starter

Hi everyone, like alot of you...I'm hooked up to Rogers Cable and have no conplaints with the connection or service. Lately though, I've been hearing alot about Bell Sympatico's High-Speed phone line service? ISDN is it? I've yet to compare prices or know that much about what Bell has to offer. Does anyone out there use it, or have switched from cable to high-speed and could offer me some knowledge about it.

2. brendandonhu

brendandonhu

Cable offeres much higher speeds than ISDN. ISDN also isnt that poular because in many of the available areas, people can just get cable or DSL instead.

3. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

I suspect it's DSL, ISDN is very slow and very expensive.

4. Chink

Chink

I find Cable is better, but I don't know how it is in Major Cities when u have several dozen people in ur area using cable, and DSL has it's shares or problems too....I never did like DSL

5. Del

Del

Bell Sympatico High-Speed it DSL. They have DSL basic (160/96kbps - downstream and upstream); stardard (1184/960kbps down and up) and Ultra (3000k down, not sure of the upstream).
    Had Rogers before for 2 years, was down about 3 or 4 times for 4-8 hours at a time, lots of email problems. But faster then Bell.
    More and more people in the neighborhood got it and it got slower and slower till it was running about 80k from 3pm to near midnight.
    Changed to Bell and have had it about 2 years. Been down one time for about 20 minutes. Get the same speed to the internet all the time.
    Where I live it's much better but depends on where you live, how and when you use it.

6. Toddles18

Toddles18

Stay away from ISDN, it's slow and expensive, and it isn't nearly as fast as cable.

7. Del

Del

ISDN is a Bell product, but has nothing to do with Bell Sympatico High Speed. I wouldn't want ISDN either..

8. Wogster

Wogster Thread Starter

Thanks eveyone for your comments, I think I'll stick with cable, we've never had any troubles in our area with it. Downloads are fast and reliable, Rogers has never done us wrong.

9. Del

Del

Good move, I would have stayed if the speed had not gone to pot, but I know a lot of people that have good speed all the time and they love it.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/115445

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice